So, I was looking at post on a livejournal community yesterday about what would you do if you discovered that your 4 month old baby was switched at birth and the child you were raising was not your child, but another family's child. Needless to say(but I'll say it anyway) I said I would want the child I gave birth to back. Now, this question was very similiar to a question asked in the same community months ago, and I was called cold for wanting to switch the back.
Not this time though. Strangely enough, I was in the majority. Most of the posters said they would want their babies back. And yet, at the same time, I remembered the last time being one of the few who would switch back. And being called cold and how I value biology over the bonding I had done with the other baby. What about the bonding I experienced with the child I carried inside me? Which they totally discounted as either meaningless or one sided.
That's what annoyed me, that they seemed to place no value(or very little) on the bonding a mother and child have from the womb.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Very annoyed.
Posted by Renee at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment