THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Friends, what are they good for.

I mean, really. My best friend Jamie and I used to be close. We stayed close even after she moved and married and had kids. But lately, I've realized that the friendship is getting pretty uneven.

She called me a few days ago, wanting to tell me about how her ex, who she still kept in touch with, was about to get a surprise. Turns out she had been using her daughters cellphone to pose as this guy's ex Alicia, and as Alicia, was wanting to meet him for sex. She'd been doing this for about a week when she called me to tell me she was going to tell him off.

For what? Wanting to meet up with an ex and get laid? Who gives a damn? She acted like this was some big deal and that she had a right to know what he was doing with his personal life. See, she had apparently asked him if he was texting anyone and interested in having sex with anyone and he said no. Like he would tell her. Then, when I pointed out that she was married and he was single and could do what the fuck he liked, she's like "Well he told me he loved me and I'm leaving heath and need him!"

I hate that nonsense. If you want to leave your husband, do it! Don't wait to move in with that guy.

Then, when I try to talk about the stuff going on in my life, she suddenly has to go do something, or go to sleep. Yea ok. Have fun.

I just wish I had someone to talk to.

4 comments:

Mongoose said...

Sounds like a lot of my friends. It's funny how she's lying to both her husband and her ex and she's freaking out because at least one of them is lying back to her... I'd be taking her off my Facebook for that, let alone being selfish with the people she calls friends.

Renee said...

Trust me, I have considered cutting her out completely. Thing is, I left some of my things with her when I moved and couldn't take them with me. Big mistake. Now I want to get my stuff and tell her off.

I feel bad feeling this way, because we were close at one point but I just can't take it anymore. When I tried to offer her advice, she brushed it off or made it plain she wanted to hear what she wanted, and not what I was actually saying.

Story of my life.

Mongoose said...

Oh, now she REALLY sounds just like one of mine! I had this friend since I was 17, almost half my life, and that's how it ended: she was selfish with me, manipulative in her relationships, and always wanting to talk to me about it and get my advice, and then she'd try to explain to me why SHE was right about everything, not me or anyone else. Like I cared who's even right in her messed up love life? I got rid of her when she left a comment on my Facebook about how "narcissistic" I am. Coming from her, I'm sure not gonna take that.

I hope you can get your things back... or that they're things you can choose to lose after all. :(

And I hope you have better friends than that around you, too. From my limited knowledge of you, you seem like a decent person.

Renee said...

The only thing I really want from her is my school picture for kindergarten. It's my first school picture and it's the big version. You know, mount on the wall material.

I've known her since she was 17 too! What really got to me was how, when asking my advice, she left stuff out and then would mention it when I was ranting about it. Her planning to leave her husband was one thing she left out and I was like "umm would have been useful to know that!"

I've got a couple people I can talk to, but not too many close friends anymore. They all seem to have drifted away. But I'm working on it! Thank you.:-)